How to DIY Halloween Fairy Lights
Today is a special crafty appearance by my very talented sister who makes these customised fairy lights/night lights.
You can do them for any occasion and in any colour/theme you want.
This time, we have done them for Halloween but it would be just as easy to do them for Christmas, Thanksgiving, birthdays or even just for fun.
What you’ll need:
- acrylic paint
- clean, dry glass jar & lid
- spray paint
- paper towel
- LED ‘candle’
How to do it:
- Make sure your glass jar has been cleaned and dried
- Squeeze out the colour paint you want and use a paper towel (or sponge will work) to dab an even coat of paint inside the jar. In the video we use tongs to hold the paper towel because the jar was too small to fit a hand inside.
- Put in the oven at low temperature to really dry out the paint. 30 mins will do.
- Cut out the shapes you would like to use. Silhouettes work really well. Don’t worry about being 100% precise as you can use a black marker to fill in any white gaps.
- Use the spray paint to paint the lid of your jar (do this outside in a well ventilated space!!)
- Spread a thin layer of glue on the picture you want to attach (make sure you do this on the black side) and use tweezers/tongs to place the image. Don’t move it around too much as you don’t want the paint to move.
- Put your LED ‘candle’ inside and watch the magic happen.
We love seeing you make these projects.. so share your stories and photos on our Facebook Page
Meow for now… Kristian